September 29, 2020
Good Evening Parent/Guardians & Young Professionals,
We cannot wait to see some of you this week! See below, attached and visit our school’s website for details that will make each of you successful and keep our school community safe!
Please be sure to visit the Remote/Blended Learning Section of the schools website here:https://www.
IN SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS…
FIRST MARKING PERIOD ENDS OCTOBER 23rd
The first marking period of the school year will end on Thursday, October 29, 2020. Regardless of your performance last year, this is a fresh start for every student in the school. It is an opportunity for everyone to put their best foot forward to achieve their maximum potential. With 23 school days until you receive your first report card, it is important that you get off to a great start!
The guidance staff is available to assist you! The tutoring schedule will be published in the coming weeks! See your teachers with questions regarding extra help times and follow the school calendar.
SAFETY PROTOCOLS FOR IN-PERSON LEARNING BEGINNING WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 1ST FOR COHORT A STUDENTS ONLY (10/2 for B; 10/5 for C; 10/6 for E):
1) Starting October 1, all students will enter the building from the 2nd avenue side and enter through the main entrance doors on the left. Staff members stationed at entrances in the morning will ensure that every entering student is wearing a mask. Students will follow social distancing protocols by standing on the decals and tape marking 6 feet of distance next to the entrance area. Students will receive their IDs and a pair of headphones (as needed) during 1st period. Official attendance for in-person learners will take place during 3rd period. Metrocards will be distributed during 7th period.
2) All DOE employees, students, families, and visitors seeking to enter DOE buildings must complete a health screening before entering DOE facilities. This health screening must be completed on each day of arrival and results will reset at midnight of each day. Upon entering school you will be asked to provide the results of your screening either by showing your phone or a printout of the results.https://
3) The cafeteria will be open for students who arrive before their first scheduled class (8:52 AM) and breakfast will be available as a “grab and go” for students upon arrival. You will be allowed to eat breakfast in your first period class. No students shall be allowed to enter the building before 8:00 AM.
4) Please follow the arrow decals posted throughout the hallways, stairwells and classrooms, and help students in the hallways as they navigate their way around the building. All building protocols are outlined in the Blended/Remote Learning Handbook which is availableon our website. To further ease your movement around the building, we have labelled the stairwells and hallways with color-coded tape that matches our school logo! YELLOW is for hallways where you will always stay to the RIGHT. BLUE means UP in the stairwells and RED means DOWN in the stairwells.
5) In each period, especially the 4th and 5th lunch periods, students will be provided with a disinfecting wipe when they enter the classroom to wipe their desks down.
6) During fourth and fifth periods, students will be eating lunch in their assigned classrooms. All assigned locations are on student’s schedules that they will receive upon entry on their first day. Staff members and students should continue to maintain a six-foot distance from one another during this time. Custodial staff will come to the classes at the end of the period to collect the trash from lunch. Students will be encouraged to wash their hands during their lunch period and utilize the hand sanitizing stations on the wall near the door.
7) In an effort to increase ventilation throughout the school, we will be keeping windows and classroom doors open throughout the day. Please take this in to account and dress appropriately each school day. Bringing a sweater, sweatshirt or jacket is recommended as the weather gets cooler. If you do not have access to warm clothing at the moment, contact Janeen Johnson, Parent Coordinator at JJohnson32@schools.nyc.gov We will take care of you!
8) When the dismissal bell rings at the end of 7th period, each floor will be dismissed individually. Students cannot leave their classrooms until they directed to do so by their teacher. Your teachers will listen for announcements and dismiss your class to a specific staircase.
– Students heading down the C staircase (the one leading to the school safety desk) will exit through the main entrance
– Students heading down the D staircase (the one nearest to the gymnasium and cafeteria) will exit through the side entrance of the building.
9) No student will be permitted to remain in the building after 2:16 PM period.
10) All classrooms will be disinfected by custodial staff at the end of the day.
11) If you have any questions about these protocols, contact Mr. McCalla, Assistant Principal and Building Response Team (BRT) Leader at BMcCall2@schools.nyc.gov or Mr. Spector, PE Teacher, Dean and BRT Emergency Officer at email@example.com. We are here to answer any questions you may have!
HAVE YOUR DAILY ATTENDANCE TAKEN!
It is up to you to complete your attendance form each day. If you log in to zoom classes, it does not mean that your attendance will automatically be logged. Clicking the link below takes approximately 20 seconds. Click the link each morning before you begin your work.
@ARTANDDESIGNHS EMAIL ACCOUNTS REQUIRED!
For the last month, guidance staff and parent coordinators have been contacting students to log in to Pupilpath and their @artanddesignhs email addresses so they have access to Google Classroom. Students cannot access their assignments without these log-in and passwords. If you have yet to log in and you need your passwords, please contact the following staff members
Ms. Johnson – JJohnson32@schools.nyc.gov
9th Grade – Ms. Cox firstname.lastname@example.org
10th Grade – Mr. Reyes Nreyes2@schools.nyc.gov
11th Grade – Ms. Montero email@example.com
12th Grade – Ms. Pace Lpace3@schools.nyc.gov
Important information about senior dues, pictures, etc. has been posted on the Senior Google Classroom. Every Senior must join!
BLENDED/REMOTE LEARNING RESOURCE SECTION:
Full remote learning plan can be found herehttps://www.
If you made it this far, GOOD! It’s a lot of information but it’s absolutely necessary for us to re-open safely. We will send out some additional media on school re-entry for our more visual learners. Stay tuned to our instagram page @artanddesignnyc, as well!
Students and Parents can click here to view on pupilpath.com
Teachers can click here to view on skedula.com