SATURDAY, JANUARY 22ND, 2022
VIA ZOOM (Link will be provided 24 hours prior)
MORNING SESSION: 10 am – 12 noon
AFTERNOON SESSION: 1 pm – 3 pm
1. Due to limited personnel, we can only offer one day of the virtual workshops. There will NOT be in-person middle school workshops taking place this year. The workshops will now only happen virtually.
2. Workshops are only available for 8th grade students interested in submitting virtual portfolios to HSAD.
3. Students can only register for one of the two sessions: Morning or Afternoon.
4. Zoom link will be provided 24 hours prior to the workshops (each workshop will have a different link).
5. Small list of suggested art materials to bring to the virtual workshops will be provided 24 hours in advance.
6. Students will be able to participate in any of the following breakout workshops below (must register prior and must only select one).
WORKSHOP 1: Visual Arts
*Includes The HSAD Following Majors: Illustration & Cartooning
Teachers: Mr. Lassen and Mr. Pasetsky
WORKSHOP 2: Fashion
Teacher: Ms. Farrelly
WORKSHOP 3: Digital Arts
*Includes The HSAD Following Majors: Graphic Design, Animation, Architecture, Photography
Teachers: Mr. Scaglione and Ms. Edelman-Lee
WORKSHOP 4: Film
Teacher: Mr. Agbomenou
ADDITIONAL ADMISSIONS/AUDITIONS INFORMATION BELOW:
HSAD Admissions / Audition 2021 – 2022
The High School of Art & Design program choices are:
M60P: Commercial Art (Cartooning, Illustration and Fashion Design)
M60N: Architectural Design
M60Q: Film and Video Production
M60R: Digital Arts (Graphic design, Animation and Digital Photography)
The NEW COMMON AUDITION COMPONENTS can be found on schools.nyc.gov/HSAuditions
– High School applications will open the week of January 24th, and the deadline will be the week of February 28th.
– All high school audition programs will accept virtual auditions via the newly developed “Additional Materials” section in MySchools.
– The components for all schools’ programs in a specific discipline (such as vocal music or visual arts) will be the same. This means that students only have to prepare and submit, say, one vocal music audition to apply to three schools’ vocal music programs.
– Auditions will consist of the same components whether they are virtual or in person.
– Preparation videos for each of the disciplines are available on our auditions page, schools.nyc.gov/HSAuditions
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE VISIT: