Giving TuesdayOn November 28, 2020 by Art & Design PTA
Dear High School of Art & Design Parents and Guardians,
Giving Tuesday is right around the corner!
You may have heard of Black Friday and Cyber Monday but do you know about Giving Tuesday? Now in its 8th year Giving Tuesday was created as an antidote to Black Friday and Cyber Monday. December 1 is a day to give to favorite charities and non-profit organizations and is publicized through social media.
As a non-profit 501(c)(3), the Art and Design HS PTA has participated in Giving Tuesday last year and we raised over $4,000! The Art and Design HS PTA has funded team uniforms, club apparel, college bus trips and lunches, SAT tutoring, teacher luncheons, art kits, sewing kits, regents books, film equipment, exhibitor and attendee fees at museums and events, and much more! We also fund our own Fanfare NYC which is becoming an annual NYC pop-culture event.
Can you help us as we support our future architects, fashion designers, cartoonists, and more at the High School of Art and Design ? Here’s how:
1. Donate on Giving Tuesday to the Art & Design High School via DonorBox It’s tax-deductible and every penny goes to support our school and students!
2. Share our emails and social media! The PTA will be posting Giving Tuesday
Do include the hashtags #ArtandDesignHS #
3. Create a Facebook fundraiser on your own. Go to your page select Fundraiser on the bottom left column. Click the “select a non-profit” button and choose Art and Design HS PTA. You can also click here to start it: Facebook Fundraiser
4. Shop at Amazon! Head over to Amazon.com using this link: AmazonSmile and a percentage of what you purchase goes to support the PTA at no cost to you! Add Art Design High School PTA Inc to your list of charities.
You don’t have to wait until Tuesday, December 1 to give. Feel free to show your support now to kick off our #GivingTuesday drive early.
Thank you and remember, ’tis better to give than receive!
-The PTA Executive Board
Barbara Gordon, Saori Adams, Karen Rafael, Joan Halligan-Wang, Linda Ng, Evelyn Davila, Anneke Hamilton, Christine Norrie and Kathy Antol
- SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING NEWSLETTERS #20 & #21
- Helping your kids cope
- Social Emotional Learning Newsletters #17 & #18
- A & D 2021 -Newscast 3
- Black History Month
- Social Emotional Learning Newsletter Issue #16
- Social Emotional Learning Newsletter Issue #15
- Implicit Bias Awareness Workshop for Parents and Guardians
- Social Emotional Learning Newsletter Issue #14
- Social Emotional Learning Newsletter Issue #13