Who are the PTA members?
All parents/guardians of The High School of Art & Design students are automatically members of the Parent Teacher Association (PTA).
What does the PTA do?
Build strong working relationships among parents, teachers and the school, in support of students
Support our school community during open houses, school events, college related field trips, senior luncheons, and more
Build community with events like Fanfaire, bake sales, workshops and more
PTA By-Laws and Regulation of the Chancellor of the NYC DOE
Who are the SLT members?
There are three members of the school community who must be members of the SLT:
- Parent Association/Parent-Teacher Association President
- United Federation of Teachers Chapter Leader
The other members are elected parents and staff members. The SLT must have an equal number of parents and staff.
What does the SLT do?:
- Provide ongoing evaluations of a school’s educational programs and their impact on student achievement.
- Play an important role in school-based decision-making
- Help to make school cultures more collaborative
Meet the PTA Executive Board and SLT